Monday, April 9, 2007

Curriculum Plan + Great Software

I came across this great piece of software (21 day trial) called MindManager that has loads of applications really, but in a situation where teaching ideas are 'coming to me' it allows me to build the curriculum planned for JT in a dynamic way. As ideas come I throw them onto the page, give subjects a relationship to each other (thus, integration across all subjects) and change things around as I choose. It also works as a collapsable tree. I can zoom in on specific areas and break it down to really detailed lesson plans and learning objectives or a I can view it as a high level snapshot. It's great and suits the 'plan as I go' approach that I am taking.

Here's where things are up to so far. This pic doesn't show the details of any specific area:


This is a zoom in on one area:

No comments: